Monday, July 20, 2015

Other then the wife's blow up earlier I had a nice day yesterday mostly


 
View image on Twitter

doing some family tree history. I need to do some of my own history. Especially my school years and when I had my back operation for scoliosis. I'm not sure if it was in late 1967 or early 1968. One thing is for certain, August 21st I was 16 years old in 1968 in a body cast, bed ridden recovering during those 8 months. That August was the invasion of Czechoslovakia. I recall eating birthday pizza with a neighbor friend of mine. My school transcripts would be the best indicator of when I had my back operation as they would show missing time in relation to the event.

I still haven't given up on my Kobo eBook reader pictured above yet. Its the Aura version but the os is clunky and awkward to use. The battery life on this device is amazing and takes ePub books with ease on a micro sd memory card. I bought it last November because Black Library releases some Horus Heresy stuff only in ebook format, kind of like how not all Xbox games are sold retail. What I like about the eBook format unlike reading from my iPod is that eBooks are better for reading outdoors then the iPod.

I called Long and McQuade earlier and yes they are getting the System m1 modular synth. Street price is $750. With 20% down its $50/month, which is doable. The m1 also fits in a Eurorack setup and has a lot of compatible rack mounted devices to go along with it. I can see this as my birthday present for myself next month.

I'm going to try and get some blood work done at the lab this week while I have some time off. I'm kind of worried about my cholesterol. Since I have very little sodium intake, my cholesterol levels should be low. I hope to find that out this week sometime. According to my Doctor, I haven't had blood work done in over 5 years. I'm kind of nervous about what will show up now. The lab has limited hours today or so Anne tells me, so my best bet is Tuesday. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment