Thursday, July 23, 2015

I'm up out of here at

about 7:45am to catch the 8:30 bus to Hermitage for my x-ray this morning. There's also an ultrasound in there as well. I don't care so much for all of that as I hope I'm out of there by 10 so I can get breakfast at MacDonald's on the same property before they stop serving breakfast. 

Coast to Coast has a great show underway what with my favorite topics; Current Events/ Space, Aliens, & Secret Societies. Speaking of space and the story that broke yesterday how Nasa gave a $100,000 research prize to have a solar sail the size of Texas to launch a small payload to Alpha Centauri. A 1 way trip could be done in as little as 15 years. The idea is to propel the solar sail by laser. I doubt this will occur during my life time but its really cool. Nasa has been focusing on solar sail technology recently and has plans for a lunar and asteroid mission within the next 5 years. 

What with hacking being a form of terrorism, auto hacking could be right up there. Any software system can be hacked so imagine if hackers got a hold of a auto software system and took control of vehicles still on the road in a major city? The results could be catastrophic. Hacking could not be just the geography of cars but even aircraft, oil tankers, anything. The Internet is a beautiful thing but is also a very dark place as well. The good news is that as frightening as these scenarios could be it forces software developers to be constantly on guard and try to develop systems that are 1 step a head of the those scumbags. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment