Thursday, July 16, 2015

I'm off work today until further notice



View image on Twitter
which basically means call in to
find out when the next project is ready. I heard next week. When, is why I need to call in but I don't want to activate my ei in case I find out I'm in on Wednesday. I was going to call in like everyone else today but that's just going to po the boss getting 20 calls all in one afternoon. I can hold out until after the weekend. 

Last night Anne didn't want to cook so she ordered pizza from a new place she visited while taking Skippy to the vet. It's called "Busters" She was raving about it over the last few days and thought it might be a good idea to have this while we're watching "Battleground" this Sunday. She couldn't wait and went to the phone and ordered for us. Two 10" pizza's for $25. I paid the extra $5 and when the pizza came, I was surprised. It was really good. It's probably on par with sit down pizza. We like Maximus up the road here and its a better deal for $20 for 2. 

My wife is leaving out of here for work at about 3pm. I'm home holding down the fort. It promises to be a nice easy
Thursday night and I'm going to watch some of the Hamilton/Al's CFL game on TV and a bit of TNA impact wrestling if the game is slow.
 View image on Twitter
I'm actually looking forward to watching the rubber match between Esks and Red blacks tomorrow night. If the boss calls me in for Saturday, I'd be more then happy to go in and put the full day in. That'd be good. However, I'd take whatever I can get and I wont be as pushy about it the last time with the last company. What a slomosal that was in February. Now I've got a bit of time off and when I get the green light to go, great.
Over the last few days on the Black Library app, they've been releasing a free Horus Heresy short story. Every day 1 part out of 4 per/day. I've been tying to find a way how to get the story off the app to read offline, where I can read it at a future date. I tried a couple of free iPhone pdf apps but you get what you pay for, right? I can always go back to get the story from the Black Library app later of course. So far I'm really getting into this "Tales of Heresy" collection of short stories. I'm looking forward to "Legacies of Betrayal" paperback coming out I think in September.  

Finally, we're into more comfortable summer weather. Even right now it's a little on the cooler side at 13 and overcast. We had a nice brief thunder and lightning storm earlier this morning just after midnight but I can live with this. I like this and no higher then 22 or 24 during the summer. Some outlying areas of the city are experiencing drought conditions because its been so hot and dry around here. Anyway, that's about all for now
.

No comments:

Post a Comment