Wednesday, October 28, 2015

While my blog might not be on the

best seller's or win awards or anything, I would have liked to have seen something like this blog composed by my father. The most important thing is that its being kept in the family. I imagine that when I pass away, and my internet connection severed this blog fades into the ether. I've never tested that theory that if my internet account is severed then so is this blog. But my other blogs from other isp's are still up and running. I seldom get comments on my blog but if anyone wants to, they can and or visit my facebook page and or they can comment via YouTube as well. I think it would have been great to read my grandfather's daily exploits. His writing would have been better then mine no doubt.

Its been my experience that when ETS shuts down an escalator at their lrt stations, these things are shut down for weeks. The West escalator at Central was shut down Monday. I thought yesterday I'd board Clareview at the back of the train and take the East escalator to the upper concourse. So just when I had that figured out, ETS unknown to me, decides to shut the East escalator, uggh. The West one is in operation, now. On my commute this afternoon I'm going to sit at the front of the train and like yesterday take the right exit to street level instead of the left one. I did the right exit and that got me upstairs behind Starbucks in just a few strides and a couple short stair cases. Even after getting my coffee I had a 10 minute wait for the #3. In its usual fashion the #3 was about 60% full. I was lucky to get a seat. The #3 doesn't connect at Stadium station for some reason. It still begins at a old trolley bus loop at 115th Ave and 82nd street NW a fair walking distance from Rexall. The #3 would be better served at Rexall. The #7 is a South-North bus but with everything blocked off in the  downtown core makes it hard to get around. 

I called Long and McQuade a few minutes ago and they carry Arturia's Beat Step pro. This is a midi controller but it has a lot of control. Lots of i/o's at the back. I'm considering this device on my way into work next Wednesday as the #3 stops near LM and I can pick it up on my way in. 

My hours will substantially change next week as we wrap up this current project. We're already scaling back hours. I got my 7.5 hours yesterday only because I forfeit the half hour break for 2 15 minute breaks I was entitled to get. Most likely I'll opt out of the half again. I only need a 15 minute at 3:30 and one at 7:30pm. Next  week, my hours will be 4:9:30pm. I took the #3 back last night with some of the crew and the #3 stops right across the street from where I catch my afternoon #3. It's a 10 minute wait for the afternoon #3 and a 10 minute wait for the #3 at night. it makes more sense to take the #5 then the #3 because I get home at the same time and with the #5 I'm able to catch that #11 at Clareview after 10pm. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment