Friday, October 9, 2015

That was my night off and I put it too good use

watching the Oiler's season opener in Saint Louis. The game was special for obvious reasons: Connor McDavid's first regulation NHL game. In my mind he didn't make much of a impact as far as I could tell. I like his speed though, and he had 22 shifts and 2 shots on goal. One was in the sweet spot between the circles and the other was an almost wrap around. The Oiler's did not score a natural goal. The Saint Louis defense tried to shoot the puck out from behind the goaltender and it bounced off one of their own players into the goal. Otherwise the Oiler players were scoreless. RNH got credit for the goal. I thought the the team played ok except for that give-a-way to tie the game and that late guy coming in. Otherwise it was a good game. I saw some good things and some not so good things. I watched what I wanted to see, which was Connor McDavid in action in his first NHL game. Keep in mind Gretzky didn't score his first goal until his 3rd game. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment