Monday, October 26, 2015

The month of October is one of my

favorite months. In a way it parallels Spring like conditions. At least here in the Edmonton area. The conditions outside, now, look exactly like late March early April. Even down to the temperature and when the Sun sets. Only difference besides the name of the month, is Spring promises longer warmer days and weather. October promises shorter days ahead and colder weather approaching. The photo below was taken from my iPod Touch. Photo's on these hand held devices always seem to be slightly darker the image they capture. But you get the idea.

View image on Twitter
                                       
A bit of a recap over the past few days. The Oiler's lost 2 back to back games: Friday's and the one Sunday night. The Oiler's should have had that game won last night. We were really pouring it on threatening LA's fragile lead. Then they crossed checked one of our guys into the boards and it wasn't called. Then the big controversy: The King's goaltender grabbed the puck as it was crossing the the goal line but did so in such a way as to hide the puck in his glove. The goal was under "review" and it was ruled because the official couldn't see the puck go into the net, even though the goaltender's glove hand was behind the goal line, they ruled it a no goal. We got 4 more games to play with these guys. The first stars of the game should have been these guys: 


View image on Twitter

                                                                   
I don't mind the Oiler's losing if they lost because of the way they played. That's on them. However during the last few minutes of the game, the Oiler's were better then the Kings but controversy decided the game. Either way, that's not good for the game.

Ok moving forward, my shift today is 1:30pm-9:30pm. Anne told me when she worked at where I work now, she'd take the #3 home because she got off work at 9pm. The #3 is faster to the downtown core and if I miss the #3 I'll take the #7. Both stop near Central station. Besides the #3 makes more sense as I can get my coffee at Starbucks on 101st and Jasper. If its still there. As long as the #3 says Jasper Place, I'm good to go. This week looks like its all going to be 1:30pm-9:30pm. I'll get home about 10:20pm to watch wrestling. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment