Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Yesterday I went in for

just 3 hours to do some reminder calls and envelope stuffing. Hardly worth going in for but money is money right?  

Rare is it that I find myself on a 4:30pm train heading to Clareview station but that was the case yesterday afternoon. Anne was surprised to see me come through the door so early. Yes my shifts for this week are intact, I told her. We gathered our id and voting cards and headed to Sifton school to cast our ballot. The air was mild for a mid/late October afternoon. I think we got up to +16 and that's warm for this time of year. Watching Monday night Raw wasn't on my list of priorities last night, what with the election on. Most people here in Canada were either watching the Royal's/Blue Jays baseball game or election returns. When I watched the early returns, it showed the Liberals ahead in Atlantic Canada 33 seats. Everyone else was 0. Anne was on Skype with her sister in Atlantic Canada as I was watching a bit of wrestling and the returns. Anne went to Giant Tiger while I was watching the election results. There was a break while the program I was watching were waiting for all the poling stations to close up to Alberta. I dozed off on the couch having a bit of a nap and Anne came through the door which woke me. The results started pouring in. When it was all over it was a Liberal majority with 185 seats, Conservatives 101 seats and the NDP with 41, Block 10, Green 1. All leaders except Block won their seats. There are some rumblings that Stephen Harper might step down as party leader and just run as a MP. Trudeau "assumes the gavel" of the House of Commons in the new year.

As for today its a beautiful clear day as we should get to another +14 or +16, temperature wise. My commute should be trouble free under clear skies and if I leave out of here by noon I should get to work by about 1:15, time to get a update on the project I'm currently doing get a coffee and settle in for a full day. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment