Sunday, December 20, 2015

My working history has taken me down a lot of different paths

as I've done a lot of different jobs over the years. I delivered papers at the age of 6, flipped burgers as my first job. I worked for CP rail cleaning out box cars. I trimmed blue prints, worked on the grounds at a golf course. I worked in the shoe department of a department store and even janitorial work in Calgary back in the mid 1970's. For the most part in the 1990's its been call centre work sprinkled with several security guard jobs and a janitorial job that just about killed me. Lately its been inside sales and market research. I'm exploring one of those options above that I haven't done in years. However its going to mean another tweak of my resume and I'll be doing that next week. The industry I'd like to return back to pays pretty good and I'd  only keep the job (if I get hired and I can do it) until I get pension and just do the market research job I'm doing now 4 days/week.

Since I can't really play a musical instrument (I know some music theory) other then to hammer out a basic melody on a midi controller for the most part I'd classify my music as experimental. Over the course of the past year I've been "researching" modular synthesis in a Eurorack configuration. There are a lot of brand names. Just go to YouTube and search Modular synths. This kind of experimental music is hands on and uses a lot of patch cables and knob turning. The initial cases can be expensive. The modules are reasonably priced though. I'm going to start small and work from there. I'm not going to endorse any manufacturer as they offer different takes on their modules. LFO's (low frequency oscillators) are almost as varied as a fingerprint. I've seen a lot of cases with many different manufacturers modules. I'm using Module Grid as a resource to get started. 

I'm in on the job tomorrow from 4:15-8:30pm and hopefully for Tuesday and Wednesday. Next week I'm looking for another job to replace the 2 I currently have. Well, that's the idea. As for today, Anne's out and about, and will return to make our brunch and I hope to read more from "Agent to the Stars." Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment