Tuesday, December 22, 2015

I went by the other job site on the way home and

there were no lights on in the building and that was at 8:45pm. I smiled at my "good fortune." They are closed until January 4th and at least I've got work for a few days. My first cheque from the other job wont be until the 22nd but I'll get 16 hours on the 1st week of the year. 

About 9:20pm I'm crossing at the set of lights out here by the new Shoppers drug mart to get home. I wait for the light to change white to go. Quite often as I'm stepping off the curb some dick head is turning right almost me ready to cut me off. I've been cut off there many times. Lately I've had a rock in my hands and I display it openly waiting for the light to change just getting off my bus. So last night, I'm stepping off the curb rock in hand (about the size of a golf ball) The car was about to turn right against me and the driver cut me off and I let the rock go and it hit his car passenger side. He stopped and got out and glared at me. "I had the yellow light." (I was walking to the meridian nice and slow.) "I had the marked crosswalk bitch and you nearly killed me." I should have said something like, "Well that could have easily been your face." I was almost ready to have him try and track me down by doing a U turn by 50th but I think he just headed on his way. I hope when he had a chance to see where I hit him that the rock left a nice dent in his car. I'll do it again at the corner tomorrow night to anyone that cuts me off at a marked cross walk. Pedestrians take their lives in their hands crossing there at night every day. Just what I need is a bit of drama after a difficult day at work.

When I got home the Jets/Oilers game was in progress. Oilers were winning 3-1. My choler was active from earlier and slowly sinking to calm. I was happy the Oilers won but at the same time the Oilers are 2nd from last place in the West. The good news is McDavid is skating with the puck. Hopefully he'll be back playing like he did before he got injured. I'm in the office tonight for my 4 hours and 1 more shift after that before my Christmas break. I get to work on that beat I began a month ago and work on that oral exam for the lodge. Then I need to go to the Southgate Apple and have them separate the iPad from my iPod. This way we can have Air drop on both devices. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment