Monday, December 7, 2015

The Royal Alberta

museum (RAM) first opened its doors to the public in 1967. An old friend of mine from the early 1970's during the 1990's had a job at RAM as a security guard. I've been in the museum a few times, just wasn't interested. RAM over this last weekend had a 48 hour farewell party over this last weekend in the old building. It seems like a huge expense for a building but the RAM is moving into their new $375 million dollar digs on 103rd a Ave and 99th street downtown in 2018. 

I'm sure I'm not the only CFL Eskimo fan pissed off about this: Saskatchewan Roughriders have lured our coach Chris Jones away from us and now he's joining the Riders as head coach and GM for next season. So now, we're left trying to find another head coach and our players will now have to learn a new system from an already established one. Jones was under contract to play for the Eskimo's for another year. Sure its just business, I get all that and its a lateral move. This should not be allowed to happen and in my opinion makes the CFL look like a amateur league. I could see this happen between a Eastern team but it shouldn't be allowed to happen within a conference. This would never happen in the NHL. Fan reaction is mixed on this one.

I'm heading off to my other job leaving out of here at about 3pm. I had forgotten that there were 2 street entrances to Central station. I thought there was just the one on the north side and the other one leads across the street by Telus. over the past 2 weeks I'd board the Clareview lrt at the front and take the West escalator up to just behind Starbucks on 101st. That's a long block from 101st after walking up 2 flights of stairs to where Central station buses pulled up on Jasper. So this way I'm going to board the Clareview train at the back just off the elevator and take the East Central escalator and not the West one. If I'm there at 3:40pm for the #3 I can get that to my destination by 4pm or just a bit. Live and learn Jimmy. As long as I get my 4 hours in, tonight and this week, that's all I care about. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment