Saturday, December 12, 2015

When I'm on pension

there will definitely be no more morning shifts. Every weekend will be a long weekend, except for lodge week and then I'll ask to come in from noon-6pm. Something like that I can handle once/month.

Thursday the Oilers gave special dinner to honor Glen Sather. Most of the Stanley Cup winning Oiler notables were there, including #99 himself. He couldn't make it for the raising of Sather's name but the banner raising was quite touching. It was a memorable night. There's just one more name that they need to raise to the rafters: Joey Moss. He was the equipment manager for the Oilers during those years. Gretzky befriended him in the beginning. Not just all of the above, but the Oilers won their 5th straight win. That hasn't happened in a long time. Also, with those 2 points last night brought the Oilers within 2 points of the last play off spot. What with the upcoming road trip I doubt that's going to hold up for long. When McDavid comes back, I think the Oilers have a chance of making the play offs this campaign. 

As for this weekend, I'm out of here shortly before 9 for my 10am shift. I'll get my very small cheque work out the afternoon to my bank and home by 7pm for the rest of the night. Sunday, its a repeat of today except no bank. just straight home. I'm looking forward to a break over the Christmas holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment