Thursday, December 3, 2015

There are a few casualties

with me taking on extra work. I won't be able to attend lodge tonight, which is our installation. Also, I have a job and work but the job lacks hours. I'm getting only 4 hours/night and this job like my other one both break for Christmas. I doubt I'll get Christmas stat from my other job as well, if they call me back. Even if they don't until January, at least I'll have the basics covered for Christmas. 

Yesterday I got my direct bank deposit form and my Space Marine Battles book on my way to my other job. My only spending money for the next few months it seems. Oh, wait. I got $6 to last me until then. I didn't know what the temperature was but it was very warm. I later learned we got up to +9 yesterday, which is very Spring like. There's no ice or snow anywhere I need to tread on during my commute so I think I'll be able to wear my runners into work this afternoon. 

 I was doing some job shadowing for 4 hours yesterday. One of the people at the new place is a fellow I worked with during the old Xentel days. We used to always get along. He's about the same age as me and he said since he's on full pension, he just uses this job for pocket money. I'll be up against that as well, soon. I hope. The other thing I like about this job is, it pays a little more. Work is more or less guaranteed. Since it seems I'm being played for at the other job, this job will cover any losses from the other job. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment