Saturday, December 26, 2015

Today I'm taking it easy enjoying my

time off. After the weekend I'm going to be looking for a more steady part time job. Something that doesn't rely on projects or is seasonal. I need a job steady that's open year round from 9am-3pm, somewhere in there. Security guard work is out because its too regulated and I have to fork out $100 to take a test and pass with 80% or greater. Then there's a fingerprint service fee and a Police records check fee etc. It's not like the old days where you can just apply and they suit you up and your ready to go. I'm also looking at house keeping or janitorial. It doesn't have to be long term. Once I get on pension my current casual job will be good enough. I've been looking around lately on Kijiji. I got a job in the summer of 2014 through Kijiji and this job. I'll find something.

This week I need to go to the Southgate Apple store, and I'll probably do that Monday. We want to have our i0S devices separated so I can get Airdrop on our iPad. There's probably a online solution but I might screw up. Better let them know and get expert advice. I have a back up email and I'll need that to open a Apple id for the iPad and work from there. I also want to get Apple TV because it has Airplay. Airplay (as I understand it) will let me mirror our iOS screens on our TV. There's a 3rd party app that with Airplay lets an iOS user record the iOS screen. If this works, then I can just record the iOS system audio using a 3.5mm male to male jack plug that into my laptop using Audacity to record the audio export as a wav file, then once the video is recorded load that into iMovie and sync the two together. In theory. It's a long process but its the easiest way to screen record an iOS device that I know of that doesn't jailbreak (hack) our iOS devices. This process if it works like I think, will enable me to record my iOS screen and upload to YouTube. iOS music production has really taken off since the birth of the iPad in 2010. There's Audio bus and a ton of music apps and sequencers out there. Most music software studios like Cubase and Fl. Studio have their own versions for the iPad and Android devices. Even Native Instruments has iMachine 2 and a "stripped down" version of Apples garage band is available like for $5 from the app store. What I like about iOS music production is that in the world of music production an iOS device is more hardware, then software. Producing music on a computer can be labour intensive and costs a lot of money to keep up to date with computers and the software libraries are so huge. Anyone starting up with this hobby today here in Edmonton, doesn't need any money to get started to produce music. The library downtown has their maker space, complete with green screen, sound booth occupied with Mac/PC complete with Ableton Live 9 etc. The maker space is free and open to the public. They have mixers, speakers, video camera's the works. We got our iPad in 2012. Apple TV starts off at about $100. The 3.5mm cables are pricey but I want them now not 3 months from now from eBay etc. So I don't mind paying $20 at London Drugs. Best Buy has them cheaper but these are only sold online and a long wait to get them. Apple TV is similar to Googles Chromecast. Anne bought into the Apple TV idea last night when she heard that she can watch YouTube, and have our Flikr photos displayed on flat screen TV. By separating our iOS devices on 2 different accounts I can free up iPad storage space by Airdropping then onto my iPod touch as I still have about 11Gb of space. All I need is to free up about 4Gb off of the iPad. Airdrop isn't on the iPad. I need both devices to have Airdrop. Airdrop and Airplay are different concepts. 

Our Christmas yesterday was good. Anne started early on her Christmas turkey. I got Anne her annual Shriner's Calendar and a fantasy novel trilogy Mercedes Lackey. She got me some t-shirts, each with a front breast pocket and a Tim Horton's cup. We got lots of cat toys. We watched some Doctor Who. She got face time calls from her family that she missed because they were in Florida. We just let the rest of the night sort it self out and went from there. Anne's off to work for her usual shift today and I'm watching the Oilers/Canucks game later tonight. Anyway, that's all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment