Sunday, February 2, 2014

A couple of things going on this week

I've got a full week ahead this week and it's Lodge night Thursday, my only day off in the week. At least I have the hours, for now. 

Yesterday was a good 6 hour shift and as I was heading out towards Corona station after work shortly after 4pm figuring out what to do, there was the #2 Clareview bus adjacent to Audrey's. At the time I thought Wendy's. I took the #2 bus outside Tim's. I got a fast look at the Corner's tower 1 pit in the projects early stages. Then up the road there was The Edgewater twin tower project in it's early stages and if that's not enough, then there's the downtown arena breaking ground next month, and the Nait line about to open in June. Lots of stuff going around Edmonton.

At Stadium, I was deciding should I get off here and catch the train back to Clareview, or go to Wendy's or get off by the church on 50th and 136 and enjoy the walk home. I already had a A&W burger this week. I pressed the button by the church and noticed the #183 coming towards me on 136th street. I'll catch that and it's a 2 minute ride from just outside my place, sweet. I was home by 4:40pm. At that time I was tired of burgers and not hungry anyway.

Last night I was looking at a non gaming pc on a local website and I think this is the pc I want. The price is right for just over $500 but no os. I don't need the os now. The only thing I need to do is clone my laptop drive and add the 1Tb SSHD drive. If all goes well and my hours hold, I should be able to get this by the 1st week in March. I was looking at gaming pc's and I don't do much gaming (gaming pc's are more expensive because of the graphics card) but this pc has a cpu speed of 3.6 Ghz. I'm also looking at a NUC 4th gen i5 but only if I can get cpu speeds of over 2 Ghz. I like the NUC's form factor.

This afternoon Anne and I are going to have our nice brunch and watch the Superbowl and wind out the rest of the night. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment