Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I'm still giddy over the announcement made yesterday of the news that the new

downtown arena guaranteed maximum price (gmp) has been finalized, and beginning next month, the project will go ahead. Shovels and cranes will be in the ground. This is great. 

Actress Shirley Temple was a bit before my time. Even in my late childhood years, I was aware of her. I was quite surprised to learn last night of her passing. She died at the age of 85.

Distracted driving is a huge problem here in Edmonton. The Province is saying they want to keep trying with education. Here's the thing, everyone knows that if your distracted behind the while driving a motor vehical, your focus is not on the road. This can lead to accidents. Hello, 1+1. So the Alberta Government now is saying, they will take a wait and see approach if education is working. How many people have to die because some shithead is on a cell phone driving her car? What's the threshold? If the Province wants to stop distracted driving, put red light style cameras everywhere but don't tell drivers where they are. First time offenders get their vehicles impounded for a month and a $500 fine. Second time caught and your vehicle is impounded for a year and a $1,000 fine. Third time and no more driving for you and a $5,000 fine. That's one way to curb distracted driving.

I had a decent Tuesday night on the job although I worked a little over time to make a last minute completion and they wanted me to stay a bit longer to wipe down my station. I said not tonight, I'm already going to miss my bus and I want to get home by midnight. They didn't say to much because I met my obligations. I'll take an extra five minutes early tomorrow and log off to clean my station. I know it's only a couple of minutes and not a big deal but gees. They wanted me to put my time in at the end of the shift and after staying late to get a completion they wanted me to wipe down my station on top of all that. Yeesh, I would have been out of there at 9:30pm, without pay and home by about 10:30 mabye even in 11pm.

Today I'm in at 5-9 pm and a day off Thursday to do my business at AW. Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment