Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I had a nice commute

into work this afternoon reading my Horus Heresy book. My next Goodreads update will be when I'm at the half way part.

My 4 hour shift went by well. Only one of the new people showed up this evening. One of the people from my other job. After work I walked right in the middle of a snowfall and about an inch of snow on the ground. It wasn't terribly cold. I rode the train to Belvedere with the new employee. My Northgate bus pulled right into Clareview as I came off the train. I read a bit on the bus until it pulled out of Clareview and let a few of us off at the set of lights just out here. I came home to an empty house but Anne was right behind me.

*Big update: It was announced at city hall an hour ago that the guaranteed maximum price (gmp) of the new downtown arena will be $605 million. Construction will begin next month. $7 million going towards the pedestrian corridor, LRT and community rink. ICON Venue Group is the project manager. PCL is the construction manager. PCL will assume any cost overruns should the project go over the GMP Construction begins next month and will open for the Edmonton Oiler's 2016-17 season. It's a great day for the City of Edmonton. The arena is the catalyst for the downtown revitalization project laid out in 2006. This is just the first phase. More can be found here at:

We we're in good spirits and we watched Monday night Raw  with surprised guest Betty White. It was a great show, especially the main event: John Cena and Randy Orton. Classic Cena win. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment