Monday, February 10, 2014

I had a great day off for Sunday even though it was

cold outside, I just stayed in.

I was going over my T4's and I made about half of what I did in 2013 then in 2012. So, I might be able to qualify for blue cross and get my dental work done this summer. Qualifying for Blue Cross is based on the income from the year before. In which case for me it'd be 2013 but we're waiting for my wife's T4 to come in the mail.

A Dj in Nova Scotia might be the first ever to play a Beatles record over the radio in here Canada. On National news they had a story about Loren Fevens a Dartmouth Nova Scotia DJ who at the age of 18 received a package in the mail one Saturday morning: The Beatles record, "Please, please me." There were bootleg Beatle records that were played before this. He played the A side and then the B side. At a local teen dance that evening he put the A side on and the kids booed it and same with the B side. Later he did some research that more or less confirmed that he would be the first to play an official Beatles record in Canada. Capital records gave the same package to a radio station in Toronto and Vancouver. Also, it was Sunday 50 years ago when The Beatles first were on the Ed Sullivan show. I was 11 years old when I saw The Beatles on TV that night. They came to Vancouver in 1964.

I'm enjoying my book "Horus Rising." It's a history of the Warhammer 40K's "Horus Heresy" origins and the concept of "Heresy" as refereed to in the Warhammer 40K universe. I'm enjoying the book a lot and feeling very sanguine about reading it.

I'm out of here shortly before noon so I can make way to Alberta Works. Well, that's the plan. See if I can get some health benefits but I might just do this on my day off Thursday, when I have more time. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment