Thursday, February 27, 2014

Even though it took me almost a year to read

the Space Wolf Omnibus book, I finished it in January of this year and I'm counting it towards my "book quota" for 2014. 

Seems Russian military movement is massing along the Ukraine/Russian boarder. The Eastern half of the Ukraine speaks Russian for the most part and is pro Russian, while the Western part of the country is pro Europe. This has the makings of another 1968 Czechoslovakian campaign. If it gets that far. 

Our Mayor Don Iveson is in Ottawa at the Big City Mayor's caucus. He's putting some pressure on Ottawa to get more funding for our LRT. Ottawa knows that Edmonton is the fastest growing economy in Canada and or population growth is booming because of it. We need to move people and labor and the LRT is the way to do it. We already have $800 million and we're short $750M more to make this happen before the Summer construction deadline when after that the cost of the project price tag goes up. We're hoping to get $250M from the Alberta Government's Green Trip program and another $150M from Building Canada.The City hopes another $365M from the Provincial budget is released today. With the Province having $1B+ surplus this year, we might be able to access some of that. All the preliminary design work is done. Hopefully if all the funding is in place this Spring, we can get building this important LRT line. Even if we don't get the $365M immediately, I feel we should move forward with construction now and next year get additional funding. I got a feeling that's how this is going to go.

Finally the Edmonton Oiler's are back in action tonight against the Wild. I'll be working, what  else is new? I might be able to watch a Oiler game Saturday, so we'll see. With the NHL trade deadline coming up maybe MacT will make some trades but most likely they will be either minor ones or the Oiler's will be quiet. With 22 games left they want to end the season on a high note. My guess is they will be quiet and do nothing, I hope. 

Since I began my music creation/production hobby in the fall of 2010 I haven't been doing much music creating. Sure I got some hardware and software but my main stumbling block has been getting a computer that can keep up. That's what's holding me back. Don't expect a lot. I'm just doing EDM/Rap/Chillout stuff. I want to do some covers as well but nothing earth shattering. This year, I'm getting the computer working with what I got. Expect to see some material out of me in the fall.

I got another 4 hours ahead of me for later today and the inspectors are coming in between 8-5 today to do a follow up. We got that crisis out of the way, they just came in looked around where everything was and left. 

This weekend is going to be a cold one with temps around -27! My Saturday morning commute is going to be a cold one. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment