Sunday, February 23, 2014

That was a long day yesterday

and even though I need the hours, I'm glad I have today off. Even though it was a short week.

It's only a 1 day event, 4 times per year. Its the 1st ever Edmonton Collector Con (ECC). This year it's at the Chateau Louie across the street from the Ramada and way smaller then the Edmonton Expo held in October. Next ECC dates are: June 8th, August 10th and Nov 16th. I'd go but there's not much opportunity to sit down.

I'm waiting for a invitation to work at my 2nd job, which begins next Saturday. I really need a break from my current job though and work just Saturdays. Only if I can find something steady during the afternoons. If I don't get the invitation back for my 2nd job that is. If not, then I'm off to AW to find something I can do during weekday afternoons with an hour for traveling to my 1st job. I'm going to aggressively look for something like that in March.

It's been in the news recently. By now everyone has heard about Apples email hack with it's iPad etc. This apparently is only if one is trying to access email and use the app store at a free hot spot. I'm sure Apple is trying to fix the problem. not that I'm a huge fan of Apple but I do like their iPad/iTouch devices. I wouldn't buy a iMac etc. Way to expensive and their Ram is overpriced.  

Now I'm sure this is a product of diabetes but I'm having difficulty swallowing food. My wife says it's got to do with blood not flowing properly at the back of the neck. She thinks it's the sign of a stroke about to happen and she could be right. I take a aspirin every day as this has me a bit worried. I can swallow soups, ravioli, canned stew, chili that sort of thing. This only began to happen about a year ago. Personally I think it has to do with drinking too much diet pop.   

The Canada/Sweden mens hockey game is on at about 6:30am Edmonton time? Local bars have got a special license to serve alcohol at 5:30am! It's a historic occasion. I'll be sleeping at that hour. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment