Friday, February 21, 2014

I'm in for my usual

5-9 this afternoon. I like the shift because it goes by fast and I can stay up late and sleep in late. Except for Saturday 10-6pm that is. It's a short week because of Family Day Monday. Even if we have another day project, I think I'll just work just 5 hours, from noon-5pm or something like that as I close in on my retiring years. 

About my 2nd job, which has been on hold for the month of February, starts Saturday March 1st. It doesn't look good that I'll be invited back. According to my super last night that works at my first job, she said the boss sent invitation letters out by mail last week. If I get a invitation to return, I'm making my 2nd job my primary job and work Saturdays at my current job, so at least I'm on the payroll of my first job. My 2nd job pays more but it's not steady and that's part of the problem. otherwise, I'd be there instead of where I'm working now. If I don't get a letter from my 2nd job, that's ok but it's going to have to be between today and Thursday of next week. I think the reason why I wouldn't be invited back would be because of that accusation made against me (unsupported) by one of the volunteers and that I was working just a few days/week. Those two things could go against me. As far as I know, I might even get a letter today from my 2nd job. I won't know until Anne comes back from work tonight.

Switching gears, I'm on the last 100 pages of "Horus Rising" of the Horus Heresy series and I should have the novel read by the weekend. I came across this one site which seems to be supported by the Black Library (BL) "Bolthole." I'm looking for fan fiction. The BL is publishing a Warhammer/Warhammer 40K short story on a weekly basis over the last few years. I have the first one. It makes sense to have a fan fiction site to get an idea of emerging writers that could advance to having their work go from armature to pro. I couldn't say, how many short stories BL has published so far and I get the email notices all the time. I'm enjoying this Horus Rising book though. 

This is the last weekend of the 2014 winter Olympics in Sochi. I haven't been able to enjoy much of this because of our current crisis with our washer and dishwasher. Also what with events on TV at odd hours due to Sochi being, what 11 hours difference? I've been following bits and pieces of the Olympics on the news and in the papers. We got 2 gold this week in women's Curling and Bobsled the other day and a gold today in women's speed skating. I think we have 7-8 gold medals. In mens ice hockey Canada beat USA in the semi finales today to go on and defend the gold Sunday! It's going to be Sweden/Canada. I'm going to have a front row seat watching this one.  

Our family Doctor's office reception called earlier to rebook Anne's appointment. I asked if I could book one as well March 5th. Mine's at 2:30pm. I want to get some blood work done and check for my diabetes. I haven't had that done since I became diabetic in 2004.

So far Anne's not doing anything about our washer/dryer crisis. She has (sort of) about our washer and we have that taken care of. We have until next Thursday to get our dishwasher out of our suite but they still have to give us written notice they are coming in to check and see both appliances are out of the premises. If not we will be faced with a eviction notice. Not an option what with a near zero % vacancy rate. One of the downfalls of have a strong economy. My wife knows what the options are but if nothing has been done by Wednesday about our dishwasher, then I'll be doing something about the it myself. I got a number of a guy with a hand dolly and a truck and I'll be calling him to have it hauled out Wednesday night. Anne has that number as well. If Anne hasn't done anything before, then she knows the consequences but keeping me in the dark like this wont do either. She says "I don't want to talk about this over the weekend." I have a couple of options as well and I'm sure she'll do the right thing. I'll be relieved when it's this time next week. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment