Wednesday, January 20, 2016

At Clareview station last night about

9:15pm it was like a Spring like evening. As soon as I got off the bus just outside of Shoppers here, boom! An instant blizzard. Talk about a shock to the system. Anne suggested I call off the appointment and not go in. I did that before bed after I finished reading my book and left a message saying something that I'll re-book before Family day. So this morning I get up and I look out  my window and:
                      View image on Twitter    
At the moment its -12 out there and we got Rusty inside because it was pretty cold for him over night. We got him here for a couple of days.

So, its my last night at the 2nd job. Hopefully I'll have work at my main job tomorrow and beyond. My 2nd job has another project, which they send out letters of invitation at the end of this month. Its a smaller project so they'll need less staff to do the calling. If I get one of those letters in the mail, great, I'll go back. Unless there's another opportunity first. Last night a colleague was telling me that he will receive his first Guaranteed Income Security (gsi) cheque next month. Its pro active from the time he applied for it last year. The applicant for this has to be on oas first. That means he'll be getting a lump sum and the gsi will follow. I won't know how much he's getting (as his situation is similar to mine) because when and if I go back, I'll probably never see him again to ask. He told me he likes the job for pocket money. So, we'll see. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment