Thursday, January 7, 2016

Wednesday was a perfect winter day out there and being inside most of the time I hardly noticed it at

all. I spent 5 minutes waiting for my bus to Clareview and on the train to Central. I had a brief wait inside upstairs at Central station until my #5 bus came by. I got my seat and headed into work under overcast skies. My footwear of choice were my running shoes. At work the boss says if we hit out goal and we're closing in on it, we're going to have a pizza party on the 13th. My colleague forgot to bring me that book but I did some research on the asb program and found out some of what I need to know.

It looks like McDavid is days away from rejoining the team. It would have been fun to watch him at the All star break. With 37 points the Oilers are 2 wins away from sharing the last play off spot. However, there are 6 other teams in the bottle neck. The Oilers are in last place they can get to that last play off spot with 2 wins. With 7 games left until the All Star break 5 of them are on the road. The All star break is the home stretch towards the play offs. If McDavid can remain healthy and the Oilers go on a winning streak, who knows the Oilers could wind up 4th or 5th this year. 

I had a slow day on the job but where we are with 3 weeks away I don't care. Chances are good I'll be back in mid February anyway. I reminded my super that I'd be in on Monday, as my availability states. As I left the office it had snowed during my shift and there must have been about 2 inches of snow on the ground. My commute home was basic, just the way I like it and hardly cold at all. I got home about 9:30pm. I'm off today as its Lodge night and we got balloting. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment