Sunday, January 24, 2016

I had a nice day yesterday

even though the shift was cut short. Nothing coming until Thursday, so I have a few days off. Not that I'm telling certain people. I'm doing a follow up on another job this week and I'll be looking around for something more steady

The North American Music Mecca (Namm) 16 is underway. Its great to see all the manufacturers I'm interested in and what they are coming out with. Korg has released their Monologue synth and a new Volca FM, which has some really great sounds. If Korg can keep their FM Volca around the same price point, I'm on board. no pricing or release date. Korg has released a few controllers as well but I'm not much interested. Arturia has released their Matrix Brute synth, if only I had the money. There are lots of modular companies releasing products as well but so far Elektron (Analogue keys) is kind of quiet. I was kind of hoping to see something out of native instruments, or Moog. Nothing so far. Yamaha has their new Montage synth looks interesting. Teenage Engineering has released 3 new pocket operators. Of course there's the usual traditional instruments

After work yesterday I went to Tim's and had a coffee and donut, stalling for time in no hurry to get home. It was nice and mild out. Very Spring like. I got home an hour earlier then normal for a Saturday night to an empty house. Today, I'm off to get my haircut across the street and return for the afternoon and later its wrestling "Royal rumble" and Maximus pizza. Should be a fun time. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment