Friday, January 29, 2016

There is still a lot of work to be done on the

Rogers place downtown arena. The winter garden itself looks like its going to be challenging to be on time. They've got 7 months left and I don't think they can get it all done this year. They still have to get the skin up and the interior. If Rogers Place arena is on time, then they better start running shifts 24/7. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think they will be ready for another year yet. Even now there is no work going on inside.

It was 30 years ago yesterday the date of the Challenger disaster. I was working at the Cobogo warehouse when a

                         View image on Twitter 
Colleague heard it on the radio. I couldn't believe it. Four days prior to this L. Ron Hubbard passed away. Hubbard was associate for a time with Jack Parsons who helped found JPL. My office was right behind the white vertical sign on the street lamp there there in the 1980's. The building is called Cobogo lofts and a block away from Rogers Place arena.

We were woken up by the inspectors this morning. They came back to replace the fire alarm. I headed into work at my usual time. It was a beautiful day at +7, only to find the office working on running lights. There was just the manager and he was interviewing somebody. He said we start tomorrow. That meant no shift for today. So I went home and I got off at Michale's craft shop and headed to Bo'diddly's Pub & Grill. I wanted to buy a Sleemans but the closest they had was a Molson Dry. I sat there for half an hour and headed home and inside the apartment by about 5:30pm. I probably could have had a snooze. So I'll be in the office at 4pm today, regardless and hopefully for a full day Saturday. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment