Thursday, January 28, 2016

I left out of here at 3pm yesterday and

headed out to Century park on the lrt and doubled back. I got home about 4:40pm. The good news is I received no calls. Which meant if I got a call, chances would be today's shift would have been cancelled. Since I got no call from Super, I'm good to go in for today. 

I'm thinking back to how many computers I've had over the years. My first computer was the Atari 130Xe in November of 1987. Monitor sold separately. I came across this image of a 1959 computer from Cory Doctorow Tweet earlier. Wow, that's some computer:


Not quite as noteworthy as the image above, my 2nd computer was a Atari 130ST computer 1988. Still no Monitor. Then I graduated to a Pentium in 1990 and I had a monochrome monitor. My first real computer was a Pentium and I had Windows 95. My 5th computer was a white tower running Windows me and that would have been about 2001 running Windows me. Then in 2005 I got the Compaq Presario running Windows Xp. That's what I'm using now. My last computer is a Acer laptop. That's 7 computers, plus a iPad and 2 iPod Touch devices. That's 7 computers in almost 30 years. My media centre Compaq is working with a CRT monitor. It was given to me for $50! I had a heck of a time trying to carry it from the Edmonton motors area onto the lrt and out to Clareview. Next computer I'm going to get will be a iMac. Oh and in case you think I'm not a Cory Doctorow and just a troll, here's another image I captured of some of his books in my library: 


                                       View image on Twitter
    
If indeed I have work over the next 3 days then great and if that big project begins there could be a Sunday in there. That means I'll be busy for awhile. I'll still be blogging just as much as ever. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment