Saturday, January 2, 2016

Because of the

Oiler game early this afternoon, I'm blogging this time of day. I'm taking my sleeping pill before I go to bed at 3am this morning. Speaking about the struggling last place in the West Oilers local news film footage showed Connor McDavid skating with the guys at practice yesterday. They were all happy he's back skating with the team but I think its going to be after the All Star break he'll be playing regulation games.

Thought I forgot about this didn't you? Lets see how I scored on my predictions for 2015: Do I get a Ding or a Bonk:

1.) Cern will discover a new particle that will shack the world.
Ding. last July Cern announced the discovery of the Pentaquark.

2.) There will be a breakthrough in the JFK case that will reopen the investigation.

Bonk

3.) A nuclear bomb will be exploded by terrorists

Bonk.

4.) Canada will be the first country to go cashless. 

Bonk.

5.) Google will release the Google car.
Bonk.

6.) A Canadian NHL team will win the Stanley Cup. 

Bonk

7.) Someone from either the Rolling stones or the Beatles will die.

Bonk.

8.) A major disease will wipe out billions of people.

Bonk

9.) A major tech application will be introduced in the same scope and impact like the Internet

Bonk.

10.) Two major countries will unit. 

Bonk

I got 1 out of 10 correct. Now back by popular demand: My top ten predictions for 2016.



1.) Hillary Clinton will be President.


2.) A Canadian pro team will win a major championship.


3.) Oil will remain under $40


4.) There will be controversial religious figure emerging like a L. Ron Hubbard.

5.) Canadian Government legalizes Marijuana.

6.) NHL Canadian expansion


7.) A New music genre will take the world by storm.


8.) Someone in my family will die

9.) Major medical cure

10.) A major tech gadget like the iPad or virtual reality will wow the world.


There you have it. Lets see if I can score better next year.

I've been trying to look up an old "partner" of mine from the 1980's-1990's. She sponsored me into Amway at the time. We were working well together as a team in the late 1990's. Anne wasn't to impressed with her. I knew where she worked and all. I looked for her on Face Book, linked in etc. For the most part my friend became a ghost. I managed to see her once in 2005 on my way to work. I was getting off a rush hour bus and she was getting on from where the 7-11 is near Joey Tomato's is on Jasper Ave. That was the last I saw of her. She even recognized me and we made contact. Last night and typed her name and apparently she's a registered massage therapist. I doubt she's still doing Amway. I always thought she was a life'er. Her online foot print was as week as a flat line on a medical scope but what was there was enough to connect the dots. I don't know how to resolve this but I'd like to get together with her again for a coffee. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment