Sunday, January 17, 2016

Its been a rough week for sure last week what

with losing David Bowie and Sporty. At least the first half of January is in the bank. It's been a tough month so far. Pension is less then 20 months away. Can it come soon enough?

Anne's been looking after this outdoor stray cat that's been discarded from across from us in Edmonton Housing. He's been hunkering down under a utility shed all last winter. Anne goes over every night to feed him change his blanket and make sure he's comfortable from the elements. She brought him inside here 2 days after losing Sporty. I know that sounds kind of ghoul but its so cold over night. He's been hanging out here, separated from the other guys. I nick named him Rusty because of his colours:

 
 Heading into work yesterday morning I had a headache and I felt I could have used another 4 hours sleep. It was very cold waiting for my bus but I was inside at Central, about 4 paces away from my #5 that pulled up about 9:30am and then into the office. At least they had the coffee ready. After a briefing I was screwing up all day about 4 mistakes, logging in, adding conditions. It was brutal but the shift was shorter then usual. I screwed up near the end as I was getting a lot of call backs and I found out that I somehow added an extra number, which was the call backs for Monday. That's how my day was. I'm on thin ice at my job and almost expect to be fired on Thursday when I go back but Super said he wasn't going to write me up but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a chat with him and the boss on Thursday behind closed doors. I've got another job lead I'll be following up with in the next few days and my other job ends on Wednesday. The rate of pay is better then the job I was at Saturday but the hours aren't. My second job doesn't get underway until March and ends May-15th. If I get that other job, then I wont care so much. I haven't got anything yet from the 3rd job. 

After work I thought about heading to Wendy's for a Baconator burger but Anne's getting me one for WWE's "Royal Rumble." I settled in to watch the Flames/Oiler game. The Oilers won in a shoot out. Cam Talbot was amazing. Now the Oilers go on the road for a few games. I'm just relaxing today sleeping in late and reading. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment