Saturday, January 9, 2016

This blog your reading now is being composed on my old

Compaq Presario computer in this photo below. It came with a whole 80 Gb hard drive and 256 Ram. I upgraded the Ram in 2007 but I think its the wrong Ram because it wasn't sat well in the Ram slot. I've got 2 Ram slots. I'm thinking about upgrading. Since this computer did not come with a CD recovery disk I'm unable to format the hard drive (restoring to factory default). By doing this, it would essentially after back up breath new life into this machine. I can still format the hard drive, because there is a copy of the Operating system (os) in a partition. I think I can still "build" a recovery disk from there. A colleague from my other job last night said he wold be able to give me a DVD. I need to ask him if its a double sided one. I'm in uncharted waters here:

           
View image on Twitter

It was nice getting back to work last night at the other job. I picked up where I left off. I'm there for a full 8 hours today leaving out of there at 6pm home by 7pm. Since there's no Oiler game on TV I can tinker around a bit with the hard drive. Since my blog is web based anyway, all I need is a link and a link toy YouTube and back up my daily diary.  

My Supervisor kept updating me on the game last night. About 8:30pm it was 2-0 Oilers. A leas like that is hard to defend. When I got to Clareview thanks to Open City wifi, the results were in 3-2 Visitors. The Oilers had a lot o f bad bounces; one from Hall into his own net, one off of or D (that scored one of our 2 goals) and they got a goal in the third. The good news is the Oilers are only 4 points out of a playoff spot. Once McDavid is back, and after he finds his game again, the Oilers could make a run for that last spot

About the only place where our economy is suffering here in the country is Alberta. Everyone is watching the price of oil. Right now oil is at $32.10. It hasn't been this low since when I got this computer back in 2005. Even if oil prices rebound to around $80/barrel, it would still take awhile for our local economy to recover. We're now at about 7% unemployment rate. I'm lucky I have the 2 jobs I have. Last night before I left we got word that there could be a short break while the client gets the sample (our numbers) to call. No sample, no work. Which is why I'm glad I have the other job but that's only going until the 20th. Part 2 of what they're doing wont happen until mid February. The job I was at last night has a big project that should take them through to the end of March. My 2nd job has a fixed stop date of May 15th. My job I'm going to today, could go again until mid July like last year. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment