Friday, December 28, 2012

About this time of year

I reflect back on the year that was:

I got to admit, 2012 had its ups and downs. I got a nice bit of vacation pay (from December 2011) and began my JW post in January but lost most of that vacation pay when Sparky my cat had to be put down in February. I began my 3rd novel to read. March Davy Jones of The Monkees died at the age off 66 (very sad) and it was Anne's birthday. April I got the New iPad from my income tax return. I had a week off. The Alberta election had come and gone. In May not much was happening but in June I went and got my Government ID which we needed to try and get housing subsidy (which we never got and were turned down for) and still reading my 3rd novel. In July I bought from LM a cheep electric guitar and amp at LM, which was nice and we signed up for Scotia banks Scene for free movies. In August I organized the Lodge BBQ which was stressful on me and later that month Dan and I did our volunteer thing at Fort Edmonton Park for the Lodge the weekend of my 60th birthday. In September I had another week off and faced with no NHL hockey. Still struggling to read my 3rd novel. October I began a lay-a-way plan to rebuild my credit and got Komplete 8 thanks to a colleague, which said bill I'm paying off. Also out of nowhere in my email in a conversation with a Susan Shannon I learned some very interesting things about my fathers side of the family I never knew before, which added a bit of closure to my life. I still need to validate this information. In November I won the (4th Gen) iPod touch at work and stashed it away for my wife's Christmas present. Warren and I went to see a Oil Kings hockey game at Rexall. A first for me. Anne and I went to see the latest James Bond movie in November and in mid December I lose my job and we lost our Budgie bird Sugar, which really upset me but I managed to finish reading my 3rd novel. So, this year really had it all. Add that and there's still a few days left to go for the end of the year and I think I'm in for another let down before it's all over. Yet Anne's right, I should count my blessings. At least I'm onto my 4th book!

This year I'm into another chair at the Lodge called the Senior Warden, or SW. This chair isn't that hard but I'm preparing for my WM year. After that it's the IPM and the IPM (look it up) So, including this chair (SW) I have 2 more to go before I cycle through the chairs again. I don't think I want to go through the JW chair again though.  

There were some excellent things going on this year that I missed. I missed Robert J Sawyer's book signing in April our SF Edmonton Expo in October and Pure Speculation that same month. I hope it's all over, I've had enough for one year. 

One thing is certain (I hope later then sooner) 2013 will see a new job for me. That one is self evident, unless I get run over by a car or a bus. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment