Saturday, December 22, 2012

Things worked out for (Friday)

me yesterday ok after all but next week is the real test of what could happen. I can't talk about anything but I have a couple of offers. 

So Friday the NHLPA approved to launch a disclaimer of of interest, which is a faster form of decertifying the union. Jan 14th is the deadline for when the rest of the season could officially be cancelled. January 2nd is the official day the of filing. I believe that something significant will happen between then and now. Personally, I'd like the idea of the season being cancelled. For the second time in just nine years since Garry Bettman took over as NHL Commissioner and 2 season lockouts later is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. This is an embarrassment. The NHL doesn't own the Stanley Cup but the Trustees of the Hockey Hall of Fame decide which league gets to challenge the cup. If the season is renewed why not an East/West 15 team round robin tournament to decide the Cup this season? Something to think about

Well the end of the world didn't happen. Yeah no kidding. There were some though that thought it would and took refuge in various remote locations around the world, like a mountain in Quebec,places in China etc. Some believe that the end of the world or they Mayan calendar would be around the 21st or within a few days of the 21st and this morning on Coast (underway now) George Noory will check in with various guests on the status of the post Mayan calendar world. 

On this date in 1970, (Yesterday) Elvis Presley paid a visit to the White House to suggest to Pres. Nixon that he be named "Federal Agent at Large" to help combat the drug problem. And Nixon's response? Ok, I wont say it.

Sometime later this morning I'm off to Audrey's to get another Warhammer 40K "Space marine battles book" and then a block West on the same side of the street to Rexall get a $10 iTunes gift card,my lotto/649 ticket and home but I might decide to sleep in instead because it's so cold out there but if I time my bus connections properly, this morning I'll be out there for about maybe 5 minutes. I'll be out of here at 10am as Tim's stops making breakfast at noon then home. I should be home before Anne gets up and out of bed.

Actually speaking of Pages and my diary, my current  "MS Work's" diary is 2 years old and has something like 725 pages or about 5Mb of text. Pages syncs automatically to iCloud where I'm going to store most of my diary. That's almost like 10 years of text documents! Anyway, that's about all for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment