Saturday, December 29, 2012

Getting that

Apple ID, iM and Face time to work was extremely difficult but we've got it working now. At the moment, I'm charging my iPad:

If I can get a good nights sleep then the first thing I'd like to do this morning is to get up about 8:30 take the train down for a Tim's breakfast and then my Warhammer 40K book. I can use my Tim's card for my breakfast get my book across the street at Audrey's and take the train home and grab a 6/49 quick pick lotto ticket at the Redimart at Clareview and then home

Next week is going to be busy because I'll be doing some banking and applying for my CPP. Also, I'll be applying at Manpower to get a resume'. I haven't had it updated in 12 years. There wasn't a need to. I have several job opportunities one is where a lot of my previous colleagues are. I don't like the idea of coming all the way from Clareview, basically across town to get there. I'd have to be up at 6:30am to get to that location which means a bus>train>bus. It's a good 40 min/hour long commute. That alone will take a lot out of me. It's about 50% more money then what I was getting before but after leaving about 5pm, I'd be lucky if I got home by 6pm. I'm not ruling it out as an option but it would be of a last resort if I can't find anything on an LRT run. I have about 4 options on a LRT run (that I know of) and a couple about a 20 minute commute from the 40/hour one mentioned above. I'd rather take a position for a $1 more/hour then what I was getting saving myself that huge headache with no guarantee that I'd last a week little alone 3 months. My friend and colleague said if I last 90 days, he'd get a $500 signing bonus, to which he'd split it with me. That was what set up a red flag, uh-oh. I think that signing bonus is more or less secure for that company with that option. But I need to find something asap even if it means working from home. If I get the research job next week I'm applying for, I'll take it and I'll be in contact with my buddies watching how the job is going with them. See if they last 6-8 months. If they are still with that company 8 months from now, then maybe it might be something worth while.

One thing is for certain, when I get working again I am going to resume my plan 35 for tablets. In a way I kind of like the long commute home because, if the NHL resumes again (in the New Year?) I'll be able to listen to the games on my iPad radio app

One of my more immediate concerns is my payment plan with LM. Right now, I'm good for up until March, which is why I want to get something asap but something I know I can stay with. Anyway, that's about all for now.  

  
 . 


No comments:

Post a Comment