Wednesday, December 26, 2012

For most of last night

 I’ve been having a hell of a time trying to get Anne an email and then it dawned on me that since I already had Gmail and Yahoo mail accounts on my desktop, I was without a yahoo email account on my laptop. I got that set up for Anne but I’m having a hell of a time with Apple ID but I’m closing in on it. I’ll get her up and running shortly.

Just as an after thought actor Jack Klugman died Christmas Eve from throat cancer. Klugman played Oscar Madison next to Tony Randal as Felix in the Odd couple. I remember seeing the Broadway production of the first episode as it was on tour and I saw them on stage. That would have been 1976, a few months after that I migrated to Calgary to find work. But the show didn't feature Klugman as Oscar, I believe that was with Walter Matthau. Walter Matthau died 12 years ago. The Odd Couple, Mash, All in the family, we don't have shows like that today. With all of this politically correct bs a show like All in the family would never get by the sensors. I don't think I never heard Archie used the N word for (Jefferson). The Odd Couple never went that direction but Hollywood and they're politically correct obsession would probably (if the show were produced today) have made one of the roommates Asian or something. My only beef when it comes to Hollywood casting like this is the show was conceived as it was, if Hollywood made a remake of The odd Couple by tinkering with it to appease this political correct climate nobody cares about, would ruin the show. That's one thing I didn't like when Marvel changed the character of Nick Fury agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Hate to break the news to you kids, but Nick Fury originally in the Marvel comics was "Sargent Fury and his Howling Commandos." Look it up. Nick Fury was a white man not a black man. When David Hasselhoff played Nick Fury (1998) last time I checked I don't think Mr. Hasselhoff went from white to black in a decade. No disrespect to Samuel L. Jackson. He played an excellent version of Nick Fury and I think he did a great job in that role but casting of the movie Iron Man in 2008 was an obvious move to appease the politically correct climate plaguing us to this day. I'm happy when I was watching sitcoms back in the 1970's we didn't have this politically correct bs. Partially why these days I don't watch that much TV. How about this pc scenario: James Bond after Daniel Craig will be a Jamaican Bond with a British accent. I'm just sayin.   

Coast 2 Coast this morning is about Christmas movies but the next half of the show is about the Urantia. I did a brief study about this curiosity some 20 years ago. With about 2000 pages and going through a bit of it myself, kind of went over my head. At least Ched is back to normal. Tonight the show on Coast is about “Planet X.”

We just came off of watching the latest Doctor Who Christmas special “The Snowmen.” This was a great special. I liked this one better then last years and I hope they keep the supporting cast. On a scale from 1-10, I’d rate this a 9.

Earlier before I got into getting Anne an Apple ID I set myself up a Sound cloud account. I even set up a mobile app for it but it doesn’t look like the app is that well received.

Today being Boxing day is going to be a madhouse out there. If I had any Boxing day funds I’d wait until Friday for the end of Boxing day week.

As for me, I’m relaxing over the next couple of days as I don’t think I’ll be heading out anywhere until Saturday. Anyway, that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment