Friday, December 14, 2012

That's over with,

finally. 

I had a rough sleep overnight as I had stuff to do this morning. I got out of the house shortly before 10am and headed to Clareview station and boarded my train for Corona station to pick up my last cheque. Sad. Then I walked heading East along the South side of Jasper Ave and ran into one of the recent employees I befriended. I gave him my email address and I had a brief chat and continued on my ay. It felt like Spring out there, mid March. I got to my bank and did my stuff and then something J said about a direct bank deposit so I went to the teller and got the form in an envelope and headed back to the office. There were a few business people there and some familiar faces. I got Warren's new phone number and I'll be calling him latter for tomorrow. So, I assume J will scan the form and payroll will get that today for Monday. If everything works out ok, I'll have the first severance pay cheque this coming up Friday. I have enough for my Telus bill and maybe enough left over for my "Space marine battles." Warhammer 40K book.  

I hope this all works out for tomorrow that we have a little get together I get my Warhammer 40K book and have a nice relaxing couple of days. I'm also hoping that my severance pay will be activated as a direct bank deposit, so this means that every Friday up until the last one will be in my account every Friday or until I get another job, which ever comes first.

Monday, I'm out again only this time to Canada Place/Service Canada to apply for my CPP and hopefully get that out for January 1st. Then in early January it's off to AW and set that up for some employment counseling. All my life I've had nothing but these minimum wage jobs. My last place of employment paid me a little better but not by much but still when the hours were added up at the end of the day I got a nice cheque every week. I was getting just for myself about $100/week as disposable income. I had quite a run. Now I'm existing on severance pay and I have a bit of spending cash after I pay my obligations and all, enough for my LM payment a pint or two and a Warhammer 40K book. Life is good. So I'll be ok for awhile. I can relax but not for long. But I'm also going to take my time and get a better paying job. I want a good job, $15-20hour. I'll settle for $10 only if there's nothing else out there. Anyway, that's about all for now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment