Wednesday, December 12, 2012

J answered the phone

and I said I'd be there within the hour. I got the forms together got ready, locked up and I headed out the door. My bus was just crossing Manning and 50th. There was actually a train waiting and I got aboard and was downtown in like 10 minutes at Corona station. The escalator was working this time. I hurried to Jasper and 106th and to the office and the elevator upstairs. Uh-oh. All the doors were locked. I tried the exit door and it wouldn't open. I thought to try the main door but J stuck his head around the corner and got my attention. All forms a signed and submitted and all I have to do is pick up my cheque on Friday. J was removing the "pucks" from the stations and the other guy was there from human resources in James office. J and I had a brief chat about where some of the other staff might be and he said I should check it out probably but in the New Year.

Today its 12/12/12 and how ominous that the date of the "end of the world" should be the day after I lost my job that I had for 12 years. Almost as if it's been preordained. So for those reading this (assuming if there's anyone actually reading this) 80 years from now it'll be 2092.

Well, when I got home I tried to have a nap but I was too wrapped up in all of this. At least I know  I'll be okay cash wise over the course of the next while. I don't need to begin looking right away, probably in the New Year. I'm okay.  

I don't have a lot going on over the next couple of days. I imagine, Warren, James N, and others are setting things up for going to the other place but it's all the way out in the West end. I've got a few options left over yet.

I wrote a brief goodbye letter to my audience at my website and to invite them all to my Blogger site. I just have Blogger, Facebook, Twitter and email.

As for today and the next couple of days, I'm going to try and finish my book and work on a song and relax watch some TV that sort of thing. Anyway, that's about all for now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment