Sunday, December 16, 2012

I slept in late this morning

getting out of bed by about noon.

I wasn’t watching the news Friday night, kind of watching Smackdown instead. I heard about a shooting in the US but I didn’t hear any details. I heard nothing about it until the news  at 11pm. What a shocker in Newtown Connecticut for the whole world, 20 year old kid snaps gathers weapons his mother had in their house, kills her goes to nearby Sandy Hook elementary school bursts his way in and starts killing children, 20 kids and 6 teachers including the principle and himself and his mother. 28 homicides. Something like that could happen anywhere, tragic.
 

I was so wrapped up in my own world about losing my job running all over the place Friday the thing I was concerned about was what I was faced with. The shooting incident occurred about 9:30am Friday. What made the gunman go to the school and go on a killing rampage, only he and God know those answers and I don’t even think the killer knows. Unbelievable.

Earlier I was fooling around with FL Studio’s FPC. It’s a very powerful drum machine, which can be linked up to a midi controller and also linked up to the piano roll to lay down an easy drum beat. With this I don’t really need Machine. I’d rather have the studio monitors first but I’m more or less committed to buying Machine now.

Apparently the Doctor Who Christmas special wont be on today like I thought I heard. It’s apparently going to be aired Christmas Day and the episode is called “The Snowmen.”

Finally I have a label cloud on my site. I’ve always wanted one but never knew what it was called but it balances out my sidebars.

On my 6/49 I got 2 numbers but that wasn’t with the bonus number for a free ticket. I got 2 numbers right though!

I also added 2 new links to my blog: Cern, and the OTO phenomena, I just titled OTO, its a huge resource.

Anne was supposed to be home an hour ago but because Walmart is open 24/7 during the holidays and all she loses her track of time.
 

It’s -9 out there but there’s a bit of a wind chill. I’m working on a sample track in FL Studio putting together my drum sounds and I have a verse and chorus part. Trouble is I’m experiencing a lot of clipping and I can’t figure out how to eliminate it.

My first CPP cheque in February is going right for my Lodge dues unless I get a good job between then and now. None of this $10-$11 hour crap for me unless that's the only thing out there. If I don't come up with anything substantial then I might have to take anything.


I'm kind of sorry I missed seeing Dave Gross this afternoon but I don't want to spend anything major until I know what I'm dealing with by Friday. Anyway, that's all for now.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment