Saturday, December 15, 2012

An hour later and

I'm home. Exactly an hour ago Anne and I were waiting for the bus to Clareview station. I got to BP's and there must have been about 2 groups of people there and a couple of single guys. None of the usual crew were present. I wanted for about half an hour and when it looked like nobody would show, that's when I resigned myself to the realization that it aint going to happen. If it ever will. One last bit of irony here, I was the last GWE/Xentel/iMark Edmonton branch employee of the year. Weird huh? Anyway, enough of that. 

Ok, I'm home for the weekend. Monday I'm going to try for my RBC online banking and get that set up to see if I've got my severance package DBD'd (Direct Bank Deposit). Tuesday I'm heading back to my RBC bank to get another DBD form (for my CPP) to Canada Place/Service Canada and set up my CPP and get that activated. I'll most likely get my first CPP cheque in by the end of January. I can't say when my severance pay ends because I signed a disclosure form. Then on Thursday, it's off to Alberta Works and get that set up before the end of the year. So I have a few things to do over the next couple of days.

As for tomorrow, Anne and I are settling into watch the Christmas Doctor Who special on Space and we'll have our breakfast/brunch and relax.  

I heard on Anne's alarm radio something about the Stanley Cup being rented out to another league? I'd like to see this maybe in the fall. That would be cool. I'd like to see it go to the Canadian hockey league in years where the NHL is on strike every couple of years. The CHL has 60 teams between Canada and the USA. All of the American teams are in the WHL but still, get some national networks involved a couple of sponsorships and it could feasibly happen. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment