Saturday, December 1, 2012

After having an ok afternoon

on a lukewarm source and after using another lukewarm source closing in the last 40 minutes, I asked J if I could do a ret source and I did pretty good, I think.

After work under overcast skies I got a ride down to LM and I went and made a payment on my NI Komplete 8 using my Scotia Scene card and one of the staff showed some of the sounds from 2 monitors I'm looking at buying in the Spring. I tried the KRK Rokit's and I found them to be somewhat muffled and then the Yamaha HS's very nice and loud but only at 75% vol. Then I got to listen to the Yorkville's and got blown away. Of course the music on my iTouch didn't do these monitors justice because these are not designed for listening to music on an iPod, they are reference monitors for production work and I need a flat as a response as possible. They still haven't sold the Korg M3 keyboard. I think on Monday before work I'm going to head down to my Scotia bank and back to LM and put $50 on Machine. 

I also ordered NI's Machine MK 2 (white) and it should be here in a week or so and I'll put a brief deposit on it to hold it. Unfortunately I wont be able to get it until after Christmas or Boxing day week at the latest.

After LM I walked slowly back to Jasper & 109th. That whole corner is blocked off along the SE side of Jasper and it looks like a crane is moving in there shortly, most likely part 2 of the Mayfair. I forgot to pop into Audrey's to check on some more books I wanted as I discovered that the Star Wars X-Wing series is going to be releasing a boxed set of the 1st 9 volumes. So I want to put an order in for this, anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment