Sunday, December 23, 2012

I woke up around noon

and took my insulin and my cereal Anne had out for me and fed the cats. I was still tired. I went back to bed for a couple of hours and up around 2pm. I feel empty inside losing our pet bird Sugar earlier this morning.

It’s not a good idea to have a female budgie and a male budgie in the same cage. This was why Anne had them separated in two different cages. What I didn’t like was how Anne would pull the 2 cages slightly apart to bring the opening bird cage door like a ramp connecting to the other bird cage. There was only a brief space but Sugar would climb out onto the ramp and get close to Chirpy. It was kind of cute and occasionally Sugar got loose. A couple of weeks ago she got lose and we couldn’t find her. She was hiding behind the coffee pot on the kitchen counter. Then this morning in another episode of Sugar on the ramp as I’m in my office reading, Anne comes rushing in here screaming Sugars name. Yellow feathers everywhere. What the hell? It looked like Anne had rescued Sugar from Boots. Anne had Sugar on a piece of doweling rod responding ok. Moments later she was unresponsive, dead. I was upset and said somethings I shouldn’t have. I didn’t sleep very well this morning and Anne’s upset at me blaming me for upsetting the bird allowing him to fly out and get caught the way she did. This was the 2nd budgie bird that Boots had caught.

 


When Anne got up she headed out on her rounds to do what she had to do and all. When she came back I saw a small budgie box on the couch there by the pillows by the bird cages and Anne had bought another bird and gave me a warning about her we renamed Sugar. What so we could lose another one to Boot? Is she going to do this bird bonding thing again to open up Sugar 2’s cage and we’re going to lose another one? How long is this one going to last? The problem isn’t with my cats, Sporty & Silky but in Boots. More importantly to leave the bird cage open so the bird has access to the apartment, is mental. Cats and birds don’t mix, hello? 1+1, clueless. Ok, I’ll stop now.

Anyway, It’s a cold overcast day for a winter Sunday afternoon. It’s only fitting. Despite losing Sugar and Anne fighting with me, again I feel ok.

The Connect 2 Edmonton, forum I subscribe to has had a topic I’ve been following about the North LRT thread. According to the Google Maps update and all, it shows the construction coming along quite well. The update looks like it was taken about late April. Some posters on the thread are saying that it would have been nice if there would be some kind of LRT station connecting to the proposed downtown arena project. The one at Grant MacEwan college is just slightly to the NE of the arena site and I’m sure there will be a connecting pedway to any proposed arena. If it ever gets done.

If you’ve been following me on my website, I’ve had a heck of a 2012 so far haven‘t I? Losing Sparky, no NHL, losing my job and now last night losing Sugar. And I‘ve got 8 more days to go until the end of the year!

Yesterday, I left out of here facing a 10 minute wait in the bus shelter waiting for anything to take me to Clareview. A#11 came by and a train was waiting for me. I read Stardoc on my way to Corona station and took the stairs up to street level and into Audrey’s. I bought book #2 of the Space Marine Battles and ordered the next 4. I have 2 of the 4 still there and I hope to go into LM first make a payment then on my way back get the iTunes gift card and then into Audrey’s to get book #3. After I placed my order and said Seasons Greetings I went back the way I came and waited for the Clareview train home. I was at Clareview about 5pm and looking around on the lighted sing for a #12 and there is one right beside Bay Enterprise Square station just across the street on 102nd Ave. I managed to get home into the apartment at about 5:20pm. Perfect.

I got a call from one of my past colleagues at iMark and we had a bit of a chat. But I’m not doing any job search until I find out what’s going on Friday. I wouldn’t mind taking a month off and go hard at it in February.

As for tonight, I’m going to try and finish off Stardoc. This is actually a pretty decent first novel. The writing is good, classic SF. Anyway, that’s all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment