Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas, I love it

Anne loves her new iPod touch. It's the 4th Gen but I thought it was the white one but it's the black one. Still she's got face time iM and wifi and I'm working at getting her an Apple ID so she can get some free games and iM photos etc. It can do all my iPad can do but smaller.

I normally do a year in review just before NewYears and it's something I don't usually share. However in the case of books I've read only 3 this year. Actually make that 2 because I read most of the "Game of thorns" book in 2011. normally I can read 8-10 books in one year, but here's a photo of the books I finished this year:

Before I got married I was an avid Advanced Squad Leader game player (ASL) I had a few opponents but I got married and that languished. I had most of the games and modules. Then the original owner Avalon Hill sold the game to Multi Man Publishing (MMP) went and the rest is history. There aren't a lot of people playing ASL now, I'd say maybe 5,000-10,000 players world wide but new people come into the hobby all the time. A YouTube search can offer a nice buffet of ASL goodness. Most of the players I hung out with have kind of vanished from my radar screen but only recently a few of them have surfaced and still want to play but since I bought my games (last one 1992-ish) MMP revamped the rules book and the counters, just about the whole ASL hobby and come up with new games every couple of years. Lately one of my gaming buddies from the old days surfaced thanks to Facebook and I've been trying to get his phone number but he always forgets to respond back. He wants to play New Years day, which would be perfect for me because Anne is at work. I doubt my friend will provide his number but if he does, I'm game. I don't know about purchasing all of the modules all over again and some are out of print. Even some of the ones I've missed as MMP. That's why we  have Ebay. 

As much as I love Warhammer 40K and all as I'm collecting all 13 (so far but I have only the first 2) "Space Marine Battles"I also want to get the Horus Heresy series and there's 22 books (and counting) plus I want to read all of the short stories The Black Library has out. Warhammer 40k daily!  

Our local Coast 2 Coast affiliate is off for a couple of days because of Christmas, so they've been playing canned Christmas music and I'm missing my Coast 2 Coast not that tonight's show matters too much but Wednesday night's show is on Planet X. I was thinking about joining Coast's "Insider Club" when I get back to work and that way I'll have all shows streamed to my computer for latter listening. 1 Year is US $54.95, which isn't bad.

Every month I get my Lodge Newsletter and I enjoy reading the "Alberta Freemason" but lately it hasn't been included lately. I think its because its going online. I'll find a link to it. Anyway that's about all for now, Merry Christmas everyone.

.



No comments:

Post a Comment