Sunday, November 3, 2013

Canceling shifts at my job is

not recommended practice but I'd be working from Wednesday last week to Wednesday this week with no breaks in between. Anne suggested because of the nasty first snow, and the above Wednesday to Wednesday I'd be too worn out. So I called in and left a message on the answering machine. I'm not 35 years old anymore where I can work 8 days straight through. It's not like the old days. If I was single and 15 years younger maybe but I have a wife that needs to be with her husband once in awhile. I'm still taking Thursday off of course. 

At the moment I don't have enough room for new gear here in my office/studio. I'm thinking about various desks from Kijiji or even just get a counter top and set it down between two night stands or something like that. I can get a good desk for about $100 but then its getting it here safely and inside without damaging walls etc. If I can get a counter top for about $50 and some brackets, this might be an options. Or a couple of night stands for a counter top. I'm looking at a 6 foot 30 inches counter top.Getting it into my office might be a problem.

This morning is daylight savings where we turn our clocks back an hour and we lose about a minute each day until December 21st where we gain a minute of light. This the aftermath of our overnight snowfall. This should be the snow that supports more snow coming this winter:

I have a dilemma here. I can spend $1,000 or so and get the parts to build a new desktop pc and that means saving. Or I can invest in about $500 and get the Yamaha MX 49 keyboard. This makes more sense. I can get the sounds I need from the MX without breaking the bank. I'm not taking out a account for something like this. If it was for say the MOX6 or something like that, maybe. At least this lets me have a short term solution, and I'm still not out yet on the MoX6.

After work tomorrow it's visit Audrey's books as I'm looking at getting the Stuart Woods Stone Barrington series in Omnibus format. I think he has 6 Omnibus books. Woods is a author of the mystery genre. Other then my Warhammer 40K books I'm giving sf a break for awhile. Robert J Sawyer and anthology books are always on my radar. 

In the New Year, I'm reactivating my website for another couple of years. The first year just to keep it active then the yearly domain fee going. It's a Geeklog website and its pretty cool. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment