Monday, November 18, 2013

Sleeping in past the usual 8 hours my body needs is something I rarely do unless I have a seeling aid of some kind

so today I slept in past noon.

Last night at our practice, at least we had enough for a quorum. It was an installation practice. Four of my officers, couldn't make it. There was a weather advisory warning saying that if at all possible stay off the roads. We worked with the "tools" we had and still pulled off a good practice. A bunch of us went over to our DDGM elect's place as we had a bit of a "mini festive board" I was home by 9pm and Anne had the Christmas tree up and I just rounded out the rest of the evening.

If I get this other job I'll try it out part time. If it's too stressful then I can always say I gave it a good shot. I still have my current job and I won't give that up. Unless the new job pans out I'm a good fit for them and they 're a good fit for me. It was my wife that told me about the job Friday night. Apparently one of her colleagues mentioned it to her. It pays almost twice as much as what I'm getting now! I think she got the job because she's a visible minority from another country. My wife says her English isn't very good as it is. When I asked about the job, all the girl on the phone just gave me the email address I sent a email with a cover letter and a 1 page resume of my skills, work history and education.

Today I'm leaving out of here at my usual time for my 4 hour shift. I like this 3-pm shift. It gives me the opportunity to catch more Oiler losses on home ice. If I hustle I can get home by 7:45pm to catch whats left of the games. Next Oiler game is on Tuesday. Anyway, that's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment