Friday, November 22, 2013

I've been doing research on

a computer system I want to build using my mATX case. I've got several motherboards I'm looking at matching the mATX 9x6" form factor. Future shop has the case I want and it's  online. I just need to know if I can buy one of their gift cards in the store, use it online and pick up in store the next day. That's probably how it works. I'm going to be needing about 8-10 pieces but the good new is I don't have to buy them all at once.

As I write this twelve hours from now would have been the moment of the assassination of JFK, which took place at 12:30pm in Dallas Friday November 22nd 1963. On this day (Friday) 50 years ago. Many of the witnesses or people that were a back drop to the event are dying off. I went to the Dealy plaza web cam and the whole plaza is blocked off with tents and equipment for the 50th anniversary of the death of JFK. Almost a year after the event there have been annual observances and ceremonies in Dealy plaza going on every year. Since day one of the event various conspiracy theories of all kinds have popped up One theory that I subscribe to is the sewer shot theory because the trajectory of the entrance head shot wound is at an upward angle. It's consistent with witnesses saying they smelled gunpowder at street level. Also behind the picket fence up from the manhole cover is a storm drain cover that leads out to the Trinity river. There's a Youtube video, for demonstration purposes showing a man up to his chest inside the manhole cover. Downtown Dallas has hundreds of tunnels under ground. Up to about 75 workers go under the sewer system every day in Dallas.

Anne was saying last night she was at City Centre Mall and tried out a place called "Fat Burger." She said they are huge and provide lots of fries and non stop pop. She said watch out for the lettuce as they load up on that. her meal came to about $14. By the same token a Wendy's baconator combo is about $11. I was thinking about going in after work today and trying one before the mall closes at 9 or tomorrow after work. We'll see.  

I had a slow night last night on the job but I got 2 completions. After working at this job since February, over 9 months now, here are my initial thoughts: A disclaimer: I'm not sounding like a disgruntled employee because I like my job, don't get me wrong. If I didn't I would have left in the Summer. First, I was told after the first 500 or so hours I'd be up for a wage review. I'm well over a 1,000 hours and it's not just me but some of my colleagues I've talked with haven't received a wage review either. I was also told when I started there are medical benefits. That hasn't happened either. Earlier this week I sent my resume out but I heard things about this job I didn't like. It's subjected to rotating shifts at odd hours and it is a bit out of the way. I was also going to go to Alberta Works this week for some career counseling but that's going to be next week. The weather is kind of nudging me away from going outside if I don't have to. One thing is for certain, I will at least have another full time job or a second part time job by the end of the year.

Today is just a typical Friday going in for my 4 hours and Saturday for 5.5 and Sunday. For Sunday I'm in for a full day from10-6pm. That's 7.5 hours. It's Grey Cup Sunday but that starts at 6pm. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment