Thursday, November 28, 2013

My wife called me on her break last night

as she usually does shortly before 8pm. She provided me over the phone the direct email contact of the person who hires and fires where she works. After she called I went to my email to email this person my resume` when I noticed a email response from another resume` I sent out earlier during the week. I was asked to come in Friday afternoon for a interview. I replied back in the affirmative. So, lets see what happens tomorrow, if I even need to send out a 3rd resume` I'll know tomorrow afternoon.

I didn't sleep very well about 7am. When I get a soar lower back that tells me I've overslept. I used to always sleep with a board under my mattress because of my back operation in 1967. When I had my back operation as a teenager, it was suggested I keep a slab of plywood under my mattress all the time. I'm suspecting not having this is what interrupts my sleep.

I'm home this evening watching the Oiler's lose in Nashville.  The big hockey news which happened earlier this week with that massive Rogers broadcast deal. It basically means that Canadian teams are once again subsidizing the NHL's American teams. Though it could open the door for more Canadian NHL teams within the 12 year deal going forward. I'd like to see Quebec get a team again and it's be great to have Hamilton get a franchise or even Regina.The puck is dropped in Nashville at 6pm tonight.

The weather looks like it's holding over the weekend  Temperatures are supposed to drop for next week. At the moment it's -7 but because of the wind chill it feels like -14. Last night waiting for my #183 bus at Clareview about 8:40pm there was frost in the air coming down almost like rain. It was weird. The weekend weather forecast looks good but its Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday that's supposed to be cold but I have keys to the Lodge building to get inside so even though when it's -18 out there, I'll be inside. For now and the weekend, the weather looks ok. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment