Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I'm beginning to figure out how

this YouTube Google+ comment thing works: When I open my gmail there is a bell icon in the top right hand corner of my computer screen. When it shows numbers on the bell that means that there are you tube comments. I click on this bell and a drop down box shows me icons or pictures of YouTube posters. I click on the highlighted box and up comes the comment under the video I left a comment on. It's slick

Now I really wanted to go to Lodge last night but it was hard to justify to my wife why I should be attending last night. My wife is jealous and insecure of me having a "social life" while she doesn't. She hasn't actually come out and said this but I know this is how she feels. Just attending my monthly lodge meeting is challenging enough as it is, and Anne barely tolerates me going to this. Lately she's been warming up to me visiting other lodges but that took years of her realizing that me going to my lodge is benign and not a threat to her. We're a small lodge and some of us were at the practice Sunday 2 days ago and some of us do not have supportive spouses in Masonry. Apparently nobody was represented at this memorial lodge meeting from our lodge last night. To be fair the lodge last night at Freemason Hall was out of our district. Even though the brother that got killed over the weekend was a steady visitor of our Lodge, yes someone should have been there representing our lodge last night. I received an admonishing email directed to all of us that our lodge was not even represented at last nights lodge. I don't remember what the guy looked like. If I attended last night I would not have been able to make any phone calls, conducting lodge business to get our installation invitations out. I caught bits and pieces of the Oiler hockey game but most of my time was making phone calls. I'm still not done yet. I am however going to go to lodge next Wednesday for an installation put on by another lodge. I certainly can not find fault with the contents of the admonished email I received our senior brother put fourth. The sender and the other guy from this Lodge was representing other lodges other then our own. I had other duties that were lodge business that kept me away. 

Oxford Dictionaries has released its 2013 word of the year, and, like last year, it has gone with a tech-savvy term: "selfie." It basically means people who take pictures of themselves with a camera phone. Yeesh.

Well, the Edmonton Oiler's finally won a game at Rexall but it took a struggling Columbus Blue Jacket team on the road to do it. It was a convincing 7-0 win. Lets see the Oiler's do that with a team like LA or Vancouver. Last nights win was a fluke but it was a badly needed shot in the arm for the copper and blue. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment