Saturday, November 2, 2013

The job thing has got me busy over then

next 8 days but I think I'm going to take next Monday off but its a stat holiday anyway.

Anne befriended Boots about the same time we had to put Pledges down. Lately Boots has been having difficulty with his teeth. Bad teeth on a cat is a death sentence, pretty much. I cant tell if Boots is in pain but it's been on my mind all day because last night we talked about putting him down because he's suffering. Or at least we think he's suffering but he doesn't give off sudden yelps. When Pledges had bad teeth before we had to put him down he made noises of discomfort. Boots isn't there yet but Anne's the cat expert around here and she thinks Boots is at the point where he's in some discomfort. There is no antibiotics for him. He eats a bit. Kind of like when I'm in dental pain. This cat lives for Anne. He doesn't "think" much of me but it's amazing Boots sleeps by my wife's pillow. We alternate nights when its his "turn" and when it's Silkies an Sporty's turn. They don't come in with us much but we keep Boots in my office when it's their turn. I think this is Boot's last week with us. We did what we could for him and I like to think we improved his quality of life. The other thing about a week ago Boots was favoring his left paw as he got into a fight with another outdoor cat. When the weather's good he  jumps onto the grass below. It's a good 10 foot drop that he does every night we keep him in my office so he can get out onto the balcony but because Anne usually gets into bed about 5am Boots wont jump when it's light or dawns first light. If Anne decides to put him him down, I'll be very sad. More so then with Pledges because Boots is still a relatively young cat. He's not even 10 years old. Pledges was 18  when we had to put him down but that's a long life for a cat. Personally I'd rather we put Boots down because he is in pain. The pain he'd feel of a slight prick that's put him down would be significantly greater then the ordeal he's currently going through. But this is Anne's decision. It's the smarter one for him. This is about him, not about us.  


After work Friday night I was out in the mild air. Probably the last mild night like this until next April. I went over to Audrey's and I got my 5 disc "Horus Heresy" cd:These are the only Warhammer 40K cd's I have. I try to get the cd's that are not or independent of a series.

 I'm up at 7am to wake up and get some things done. Then its in for a 5 hour shift. Off a t 4pm. If I feel  up to it, I might go over to Wendy's for a bite to eat. Then watch what's left over of the Wings/Oiler's game. Sunday it's another 5.5 hour day. The only real day I get off is Thursday but that's a critical night for me. Anyway, that's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Elgato Wave Mic Arm in UAE, Wave Mic Arm in UAE
    https://gccgamers.com//elgato-mic.html
    Elgato Wave Mic Arm in UAE, Safe Shopping Multiple Payment Options Express Delivery GCC Gamers Moneyback Guarantee.
    1635135589208-8

    ReplyDelete