Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My morning commute was business as usual as I was able to read a bit heading into

the job. I got right to my station and into the job. I was having a great start to the beginning of the shift as well. I broke for lunch again at 1pm and read more  on Space Wolf Omnibus. I should have it read by the end of the week. The boss came up to me and asked me if I could work Saturday. Ok. It's going to give me almost 80 hours. I tried calling Anne but she was probably still sleeping. I got into a bit of trouble because on the phone I was doing my job and I didn't hear a "instruction." That's going to change, which is a good thing. 

I had a trouble free commute home and read a bit on the train. I got my bus and there was Anne flagging me down as I got out of the bus across the set of lights here. So we got off over here by Manning Crossing as Anne wanted to eat first before my haircut at "Great cuts." She wanted to go to Quiznos (like Subway) and I'm looking for Happy Harbor. I noticed a closed up shop (uh-oh). The sign said: "This Happy Harbor location is closed after 5 years of serving the public. Please visit the original store etc etc." I might have visited the store maybe twice in those 5 years. It's kind of bitter sweet to see them close. Kind of reminds me of when the old "Adventure Gaming Supplies," store in Sandy Lane by my old place North of 95th/156th street in the mid 1990's. Happy Harbor never became the store I was hoping it would be. I got a funny feeling that the original Happy harbor will be closed within 5 years. 

After Anne got her Quiznos we went to A&W as I got a double cheese burger and fries. She had shopping to do. I had my dinner and read while she was shopping for cat food. Then we caught the #11 bus  to Walmart after a long wait just outside the Petro Can. Finally about 7pm, it arrived. First to Clareview and then to just behind Moores and through the Walmart parking lot. Lots of ice patches all over the place. 

Anne brought a coupon taking half price off my haircut. Good thing I brought along that Visa gift card she gave me for Christmas. Anne had some shopping to get done while I got my haircut. The worst part was getting home beause the side walk up to Michale's (an arts and crafts store) was a sheet of ice. I had to walk in the crusty windrow and even across the street same thing. Normally it would take me 10 minutes to get home. Anne was way ahead of me not waiting for me at all which kind of pissed me off. It was my fault for not bring my cleats. 

Anne did my hair with a product called "Just for men." it's actually pretty good. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment