Saturday, January 11, 2014

My shift was not very productive yesterday but

at least I showed up.

The Oiler's beat the Pens at Rexall last night 4-3 in OT. Not that I was able to watch the game anyway. With 35 games left to go in this dismal season, the Oiler's are still sitting only at 35 points with 15 wins. The Sabres are still in the basement in their conference with 29 points. If the draft lottery were to happen now the Oiler's would have a 50-50 chance to get the first round pick, again.The boys are in Chicago for a late Sunday afternoon game. This is great because its when Anne and I have our Sunday brunch.

At my 2nd job they have the Edmonton Journal newspaper and by the time I get to it, its been scattered and picked apart. On the front page, they had a article "down memory lane." In July 1987 just before the tornado event here known as "Black Friday," the unemployment rate was something like 10.2. A record high for this boom/bust Province. At that time I was "comfortably" employed at the Army & Navy department store. I managed to escape this but 2 years later I was let go but the economy had slightly rebounded. It was still feeling the effects of the Liberals National Energy Program. At the moment I think we're around 5.5%. Still at 5.5% that's leading the National average.

My wife wants me to meet her at Clareview this afternoon so she can have the bus pass. That's ok because after that I can go to get that SSHD drive and then maybe over to Burger King using the gift card I got for Christmas. Anyway, that's all for now. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment