Friday, January 31, 2014

Good news

at least I finished reading "Space Wolf 2nd Omnibus" and on a scale from 1-5 I give it a solid 5! This is pure space opera, solid military science fiction with some fantasy and lore sprinkled in for taste. The good guys are likeable and the bad guys are ok but they are kept at a distance. There's lots of action to keep the pages turning. As usual in most fiction the ending was rushed but for 3 books the authors did a good job in maintaining continuity. I'm now onto The Horus Heresy book 1. Its still Warhammer 40K. The book: Horus Rising. Hopefully I can finish by mid March, then move onto.

Just when I thought I'd have another 2 weeks of days after this most recent project at work, I'm now on 5-9 with a Saturday in there just to make the hours in need work. So today I'm in from 1-7 and home by 8pm. It's a full day Saturday. I should have 81.5 hours next cheque. I doubt I'll see hours like that for awhile.

Possibly next weekend I'm thinking about getting my laptop upgraded to a 1Tb SSHD. Then having my laptop drive cloned. Yes, I know it's not a difficult operation but I don't know anything about this but they're going to charge $50 to clone the old drive over to the SSHD and $50 to install the SSHD. It's going to be a good $300 upgrade and there's no guarantee its going to make a significant difference. .

After work I'm heading over to Audrey's to pick up another Warhammer 40K Omnibus, "Path of the Elder's" or something like that and I have a list of about 5 other Warhammer 50K Omnibus books I missed, then home Anyway that's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment