Friday, January 9, 2015

I had a great evening

although my wife came home with bad news. Apparently they are cutting back her hours and to 2 shifts next week. They are hiring at the same time. We don't know what's going on. For all we know her shifts might be restored next week or maybe next month.

I'm off tonight for lodge. Traditionally (as far as I know) every immediate past master (ipm) usually at the time of installation receives a jewel and a ipm apron. I've seen this happen since 2002. The apron looks similar to a MM apron but with a ipm symbol and the jewel looks like a military medal hung from the suit jacket. Both signify I am an installed master. I did the work by running the lodge for one full year. I didn't get either at the time of our installation before Christmas but apparently they were ordered for me according to the last lodge master as he pretty well said as much in June but I didn't get them last meeting. I'm also thinking maybe I its because they only present the apron/medal (aj) There's also a certificate that gets presented at the end of ones ipm year and a case. Mike said in June "they're in the back." He wasn't at the last meeting. So all kinds of things are going on through my mind now. Are they doing this to put pressure on me to ask for a demitt? So I'm hoping tonight lodge presents the aj to me in traditional format. If not then I'll have some decisions to make. Do I continue on pay my lodge dues as if nothing has happened and then ask for a demitt around November and a letter of good standing and join another lodge? It's not like I don't have any options. I don't want to ask for my aj. I shouldn't have to ask for them. No ipm should ever have to ask for their aj. This is why I think somethings up. I have a few allies in the lodge by by and large, I'm not well liked because I'm not a union guy or a professional or in the trades and my disability stains the lodge in a way. Or so this is my perception. There are guys that do like me there, Neil, Nathan, John, Dan and and the new guys, and I pick up on that. If I don't get my aj, I'll quietly leave this lodge and join another. I kind of like the Saturday lodge anyway. It's not a York right lodge. But I don't want to give anything away either.


I'm really looking at ELektron's Octatrack. It's a multi sample, glitch effects machine, that can do some amazing things. its a little on the pricy side but a piece of gear I've got my eye on. Anyway that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment