Monday, January 19, 2015

Heading into work Sunday

at 11am was nice and relaxing. The weather was very nice and mild holding about 0*. Very nice weather lately.

I got to Subway on the main floor of the building had a coffee and a cookie but after trying to buzz in there was no reply. So I waited for awhile inside Subway and 1 of my co workers arrived. Dave is a tech support young geek and a huge Oiler fan. We befriended each other shortly when he began working with us around September. He does tech support for a major computer company. So he began to show me this service from our mutual isp on "the go." I can have live tv streamed to my iPod touch from any hot spot. Its pretty cool. By this time next year, the city will have wifi in all lrt stations. I'd like to see wifi on all trains. It's a 10 minute commute but it would be handy to listen to Oiler games on my way home.

I thought I was going to get a full 7.5 hours, off at 8pm but I was off at 6pm. That was fine by me. I thought I did ok on the job as well. When I got home Anne had dismantled our Christmas tree and together we tackled the first half of the closet space where I had a bunch of junk stored in boxes dating back from before we got married. We had it all separated from what stays and what goes. Anne had a nice face time chat with her sister, and she had to go to Walmart for a few things and a cart to haul what we purged out to the dumpster for later.

This weekend the city opened up the new Clareview rec centre but there doesn't appear to be a Saturday evening adult swim. That's what we liked about the Eastglen when Anne had her car back in 2003. We didn't go often but it was nice to get out when we did.

When Anne returned she had a Papa John's pizza for us and that for our dinner. I answered some email and c2c (I'm envaneo) messages. We watched the evening news and that's been my Sunday. It was a decent day. 

The University of British Columbia (UBC) launched SPIDER. Its a telescope launched by a balloon some 36K for 20 days in Antarctica. SPIDER was the work of 5 different Universities. You can read more of SPIDER here.

I'm in tomorrow from 5-9, same with Tuesday. Wednesday is going to be our worst day because we're up early as pest control is going to do a spot check of our place. Hopefully we can get a bed bug clean bill of health. I've got work Thursday and I'm off Friday and Saturday. That's what it's looking like for the week. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment